Adobe Photoshop Elements

Adobe Photoshop Elements Discussions Forum. Adobe Photoshop Elements is the consumer version of the Adobe Photoshop raster image editing product. It contains most of the features of the professional version but with fewer and simpler options. The program allows users to create, edit, organize and share images, all from the same product. 

Keywords Adobe, Photoshop, Elements, Starburst, Tutorial

Starburst Tutorial

Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop Elements

AuthorMessage
Dick Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Starburst Tutorial

I have had this tutorial link in my bookmarks for some time and began working on it the other day. It makes a nice 'starburst' effect. Go here <http://photoshopgurus.info/beginners/starburst.shtml> to see the tutorial.

Dick
Jane Carter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

<http://photoshopgurus.info/beginners/starburst.shtml>
This is the site, it looks really neat and fun, Thank You,
Jane
Raymond Robillard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

And people, don't be affraid to look around this site, many other tutorials work with PSE as well.

Ray
Dick Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

Yes it is a good site. And try the Building a Mercator tutorial. That's fun to.

Dick

PS....Thanks to Ray Robillard for helping me understand some the inner workings in the Starbuts tutorial. If you do it, just ignore the first sentence in Step 8, it'll work much better!
imacgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

The Photoshop Guru's tutorials are all really interesting and challenging.

I tried the Mercator one back in December and found that a few steps had to be adapted to PSE 2 from Photoshop 7, so here's <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50 (A_T) (A_T) .1de72381/42> the link to the changes that are necessary from the archives.

Barb
Jodi Frye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

You mentioned starburst and I had to laugh. I did this tutorail quite some time ago and saved it as a layer....with thoughts of using it some day. Every time i go looking for an image in my pic folder i see that darn starburst...and i think " geeze, one of these days I got to use that "...still sits in my images...waiting patiently for me to apply it to something...i will...someday Wink
Jodi Frye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

Barb, i think i did every single one of those tutorials around the same time you did. They were fun. Got them all tucked away somewhere. I think i used a 'motion trail' on one of my challenges but can't really be certain.
Raymond Robillard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

Barb.. these look COOL!!! :)

Ray
imacgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

Ray, thanks! I forgot to tell everyone to get their sunglasses out for some of those...it's a flashback to the sixties. Glad you liked them!

You should try animation...just create a bunch of layers in various colors and go to 'Save for Web' choose gif, animation and loop. It's really easy if the shapes are the same and overlap exactly, like the spirographs and starbursts. I just rotated the layers and changed the colors to get that effect. The PSE 'Help' menu has a tutorial on animation, do a search under 'Animation'. The most important step to animating is to always have fun with it!

:-)

Barb
imacgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

Hi Jodi,

I agree, all of the Guru's tutorials are really neat. Seems like ages ago when we were all trying these. I was happy to see the topic re-appear today. I may have to get back to trying some more animations; I'll have to dust off one of my old folders, dig up my mercators and give it a go.

:-)

Barb
Raymond Robillard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

I know about animated gif, but never really tried them under PSE... but I admit being tempted right now Smile
Jodi Frye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

Ray, it's real simple...start with about 6 layers all the same background. Apply something to each layer...anything...a shape whatever...moving each shape a little on each layer. This is total test...go to save for web, choose gif, check animate and check loop...1 sec...then preview in explore button...gives you an idea is all. I've done quite a few. I made some e-cards for all my family at x-mas time.

edit; oh, you don't need a backgound either...just be sure to check transparency in the SFW gif options.
Raymond Robillard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Starburst Tutorial

If the heat wave can disapear, I'll try it over the weekend. It's currently impossible to use the computer for more than 20 minutes at home, else the room becomes too hot.

Ray
....at work and with a/c !
....on a very, very slow day Sad
   Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop ElementsAll times are GMT
Page 1 of 1